black|music|fashion|inspiration|instagram|twitter|tumblr|pintrest|lookbook|facebook|polyvore|flickr




Thursday 8 August 2013

QUEEN OF PUNK




(images via dazeddigital)
When I was still in school i wrote an essay on Punk culture for my art project, I'd never really given much thought to Vivienne Westwood beyond the face that everyone I knew either had a Westwood handbag or purse.. (Okay so I'm from Liverpool, and 99% of the female and gay population here is OBSESSED with Vivienne Westwood). Her collection for AW13 really brings me back to the Westwood basics that I spent all that time trying to define; her use of heritage patterns like hounds tooth and tartan are kept fresh with a gorgeous yellow and blue colour pallet, and bringing in new shapes and styles like the AMAZING varsity jackets that kind of reminds me of Kenzo last season. Even the bright orange shoes from the collection are gorgeous. FINALLY a relevant and well done punk inspired collection, perfect to take me out of my monochrome box. The message of the collection was political and blatant as ever, with anti-climate change badges throughout, here's a link to Viv's new 'Revolution' blog to find out more. Today my outfit had a small nod to British Punk Heritage: Westwood T-shirt, Topshop Jacket and Jeans, Dr Marten Boots.




British punk


No comments:

Post a Comment