black|music|fashion|inspiration|instagram|twitter|tumblr|pintrest|lookbook|facebook|polyvore|flickr




Sunday 11 August 2013

From the Rock

(image via dazeddigital.com)


Thought I'd share some illustrations I've done. one of my friends is working on a floral collection, and it got me thinking about other plants and organisms apart from the everyday rose or daisy print you normally see. I work first in pencil because I make SO many mistakes; then i use biro on the finished outline. Then I collage the images and make about a thousand photo copies to mess around with. For these images I decided to just focus on the clothes, so I left the bodys and faces pretty simple and blank. I post-edited the scans of the final collages to bring out the black and gold in the plants and corals; and emphasize the simple lines of the figures. I was really inspired by the Calvin Klein cloud print t-shirts for ss14, I love prints that run right across a piece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment